Unlock The Sale: The Salesguru Process
First meetings are like a first date. If you only talk about yourself, there probably won’t be another one…
One of the biggest mistakes that salespeople can make is to talk too much about their company, their service, their product, themselves. Understand this: nobody cares about your company, who you are and what you do, nearly as much as they care about their needs and if they can be better off with the solution you are offering.
Before presenting any solution to my clients, I have a clear process to understand their buying areas:
- I know how to build rapport and trust.
- I have a smart introduction to each meeting with a pre-close question and an agenda that creates a buying atmosphere.
- I qualify and understand my prospect’s real need/s before presenting any information.
- I always get them to share a clear value against their need/s before presenting any information.
- I am clear about their sense of urgency before presenting any information.
- I understand if they can afford / have budget for what I can offer prior to presenting.
- I understand their decision making process before presenting any information.
- I have smart questions that uncover their needs and values.
- I always pre-close before presenting any information.
- I get all the required information before doing a proposal.
- I have a great closing question to confirm the sale.
What is your sales process? What information do you need to uncover? To do this, what questions will you ask? What do you need to understand before presenting?
If you can’t uncover the problem, your solution is irrelevant. Do you have a clear sales process to unlock the sale?