What is your relationship like with your sales target?
Are you in love with your sales target?
Are you in a committed relationship with your sales target?
Do you hate your sales target?
Do you love or hate your sales target?
I have met many salespeople at the start of 2018 and I’ve seen first hand how different the relationships are salespeople have with their targets.
- Some are in the process of getting a sales target divorce (leaving the company).
- Some salespeople are in an abusive relationship and keep telling their sales target about all the things they believe is wrong with the sales target and why the relationship will never work.
- Some salespeople ignore the sales target and have feel that they have had this relationship forced upon them.
- Some salespeople are looking for reasons to break up and end the relationship with their sales target.
- Some salespeople don’t even understand that they have a relationship with the sales target.
- Some salespeople don’t care if the relationship is strong and are happy to find another relationship if this one does not work out.
I feel that all of these salespeople with sales target issues will struggle to achieve their real potential and sales success in 2018.
The sales people that achieve success are in a happy and committed relationship with their sales target. They have spent some time to be clear on what achieving their sales target will mean to them, their careers, their finances and other important areas of their life. They are excited and inspired to get out of bed every day and spend time working on this relationship. They understand that what they put into their relationship with their sale target is exactly what they get out and are committed to 100% effort, responsibility, accountability and zero excuses.
So as always, the choice is yours for what type of year this will be for you in sales. Choose to fall in love with your sales target and work hard every day to build this relationship!
Yours in sales,
Mark Keating, CEO SalesGuru